About This Game
2084: A Utopia shattered, social collapse and civil unrest reigns in Mega Primus.
Fiendish aliens terrorize the city. UFOs swarm through Dimensional Gateways. The city’s under siege from an unknown enemy.
Your mission, as X-COM Commander, is to combat alien aggression and uncover their deadly intentions. But Beware! Alien infiltration into the city and its politics could see you under fire from criminal gangs, religious sects, and even the police!
Alien fleets fill the skies, creatures terrorize the city, chaos reigns.
X-COM: Apocalypse claims to have a self-learning AI-module. The game does feature self-adjusting difficulty, where player performances influences the Alien zeal to expand and infest. Sluggish X-COM responses, total failures, and a bad weekly rating slow the alien build-up of weapons and creatures (but not ships) on their homeworld.
This gives the player the chance to amend their failures and rethink their strategy. For example, a high rating in first five days can make the Aliens attack your HQ head-on with a large heavily armed mob often. Conversely, a low rating in the first five days can make the aliens only incur twice a week, with a very small force.
- Explosive third game from the highly successful and thrilling X-Com series, following X-COM: UFO Defense and X-COM: Terror from the Deep.
- Battle alien invasion fleets over the city of Mega Primus in real-time.
- Combat the alien infestation in real-time or turn-based tactical missions.
- Research alien-based technology. Create newer and more destructive weaponry.
- Destroy alien sympathizers and stem alien infiltration. Wage war on new worlds in the Alien Dimension.
|Genre||Strategy – Turn-based – Sci-fi|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English|
|Released||July 15, 1997|
|Company||MicroProse / 2K Games|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.4 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0