About This Game
SWAT 4 is a 2005 tactical shooter video game developed by Irrational Games and published by Vivendi Universal Games exclusively for Microsoft Windows. It was built on Irrational Games’s Vengeance Engine powered by Unreal Engine 2 technology. In SWAT 4, the player leads a SWAT tactical element in resolving various situations, such as hostage standoffs or apprehensions of dangerous subjects, simulating the experiences of real-life Special Weapons and Tactics officers.
It’s not just about the badge, it’s about the rush.
The adrenaline is always high as you carry on the legendary SWAT® tradition–leading an elite squad of tactical experts into hard-hitting action that delves deeply into every detail of the experience. In a city rife with armed felons and explosive situations, only the unique skills of your men will do–because when SWAT gets the call, there is no other option.
Enter the tense, gritty, explosive world that is business as usual for SWAT®. SWAT 4 gives you easy control over advanced strategic and tactical tools. Plan missions. Deploy your team. Take down dangerous criminals. And in the SWAT 4 Expansion Pack, you get additional weaponry, equipment and even greater challenges. It all adds up to a rush so intense, it could only be SWAT.
- Exploding with action: 21 intense missions in fully-detailed environments.
- Vast Arsenal: From deadly assault rifles and powerful shotguns to less-than-lethal stun guns.
- Advantageous Equipment: Variety of tools available to observe, access, and control situations.
- Play with Others: Numerous CO-OP and competitive multiplayer modes extend replayability.
- Quick Mission Maker: Create detailed custom missions for yourself and your friends.
|Genre||Action – Simulation – Tactical|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English|
|Released||April 5, 2005|
|Company||Irrational Games / Activision|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.8 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Graphics: Nvidia/AMD graphics card compatible with DirectX 9
Storage: 1GB available space
Additional Notes: Integrated Intel graphics cards are not supported