About This Game
Mystery sounds through the haunted halls and rings from the rafters of a deserted museum. Was this a failed dream or was it the waking nightmare of an eccentric old man? Where is the museum’s creator, and the other ill-fated visitors who disappeared so long ago?
You enter, with nothing but your wits to help you survive. Wretched spirits watch for the innocent, the unwary, ready to steal your life’s essence. Can you hear the shrieks now, the howls and moans and wails? They’re waiting for you.
Sir Hubert Windlenot was a peer of the British nobility, and as an archeologist, a member of the Royal Society. His interest in controversial fringe topics such as ancient astronauts, hollow earth, Atlantis and cryptozoology brought on him the reputation of a mad scientist. Denouncing his life as a noble, he moved to America, and attempted to open “Professor Windlenot’s Museum of the Strange and Unusual” in Mt.
Pleasant, Ohio, dedicated to his findings and theories. Construction took two decades to house both exhibits and thematic installations with several puzzles to entertain the visitors (such as an Ancient Egyptian-themed artificial lake, an underground maze that leads to a Dero installation, a greenhouse, or a diorama dedicated to Atlantis). The museum was never completed until the Professor mysteriously disappeared.
- Experience spine-tingling first-person adventure.
- Unravel a mysterious storyline full of twists and turns.
- Witness ghostly live-action video sequences.
- Explore a world filled with bizarre 3-D imagery.
- Startle your senses with chilling music and eerie sound effects.
- Roam at will throughout the museum – non-linear game play lets you re-visit puzzles that have stumped you.
- Play again and again – location of items change and puzzles vary each time!
|Genre||Adventure – Point-and-click – Horror|
|Works on||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English|
|Released||January 1, 1995|
|Company||Sierra / Activision|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.8 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
Storage: 1GB available space