About This Game
Sea Dogs is a 2000 Russian role-playing video game for Microsoft Windows, developed by Akella and published by Bethesda Softworks. In it, the player is the captain of a ship and can serve as a privateer to a European power, or as a pirate. The game uses a custom 3D game engine and includes gameplay similar to Sid Meier’s Pirates!, while also being a true inter-character dialog-centered RPG.
The sequel, Sea Dogs II, was remade into Pirates of the Caribbean, but largely unrelated to the plot elements of the eponymous film.
Akella later created Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, the sequel to Sea Dogs. The title was changed because Akella wanted to create a brand name that they could control, rather than their publisher. A new fan-based title from Akella’s pirate series called Sea Dogs: Return Of The Legend is available only in Russia and the CIS.
- Play as one of four sides (British, French, Spanish, or Pirate) or change allegiances during the game.
- Nonlinear campaign allows players to choose quests or play the game any way they want.
- 20 different ship types to choose from, from small boats to large battleships.
- Location-specific ship damage allows you to send their sails up in flames, bring the mast crashing to the deck, or shoot holes in the hull.
- Realistic and dynamic wind and weather effects as well as day and night cycle.
|Genre||Action – Role-playing – Historical|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Text only: English, русский|
|Released||November 25, 2000|
|Company||Akella / Akella|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
1.8 GHz Processor
512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c
Compatibility notice: Sea Dogs does not support Intel integrated graphics cards.