About This Game
The story of X-COM, set in the near-future at the time of the game’s release, begins in the year 1998.
The nations of the world come to perceive this as a threat and attempt to form their own forces – such as Japan’s Kiryu-Kai force – to deal with the crisis, but these efforts are unsuccessful. On December 11, 1998, representatives from some of the most powerful nations in the world secretly meet in Geneva to discuss the issue.
From this meeting is born the clandestine defense and research organization Extraterrestrial Combat (X-COM), over which the player assumes control at the start of the game.
- Command deadly close-combat battles
- Shooting down UFOs is just the beginning: you must then lead a squad of heavily-armed soldiers across different terrains as they investigate the UFO crash site. Tackle the aliens with automatic rifles, rocket launchers, and even tanks in the struggle to retrieve useful technology, weapons or life forms.
- Research and manufacture alien technologies
- Successful ground assault missions will allow X-COM scientists to analyze alien items. Each new breakthrough brings you a little closer to understanding the technology and culture of the alien races. Once you have sufficient research data on the UFO’s superior weapons and crafts, you’ll be able to manufacture weapons of equal capability.
- Develop a strategy to save the Earth
- You must make every crucial decision as you combat the powerful alien forces. But you’ll also need to watch the world political situation: governments may be forced into secret pacts with the aliens and then begin to reduce X-COM funding.
|Genre||Strategy – Turn-based – Sci-fi|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Text only: Deutsch, English, français|
|Released||December 31, 1993|
|Company||MicroProse / 2K Games|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.4 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0