About This Game
Gameplay is turn-based, with each team moving in sequence, which is determined randomly, across two-dimensional terrain. During a single turn, a team can only move one of their worms (unless an item that allows the team to select their worm is used). Worms can walk and jump, as well as (when the proper items are available) swing by rope, parachute, teleport, and bungee. The objective of a traditional match is to defeat all opposing teams by killing their worms, although in the campaign some missions have other objectives such as collecting a specific crate.
The game includes a wide variety of weapons, including melee, projectile, and explosive weapons, as well as airstrike-based attacks. Some are based on real-life arms, such as the shotgun, bazooka, and hand grenade; others are rather fanciful and cartoonish, such as the sheep, which serves as a mobile explosive, and the skunk, which releases poisonous gas. In a normal match, all teams begin with the same weapons, based on the chosen weapon set. Some weapons may not become available until a certain number of turns pass.
- Use over 55 weird and wonderful weapons and tools including Earthquake, Freeze and French Sheep Strike.
- Play single-player Deathmatch plus an exciting 40+ mission campaign.
- Learn tactics using five special training modes including Sheep Racing, Crazy Crates and Advanced Weapon Training.
- Over 30 custom and comedy sound banks (including stiff upper lip, Cyberworms and more).
- New for multi-player mode: Handicapping (add or deduct energy for a team), Allied Teams (team up with others to target another player), ‘Worms Disease’, Home Runs and many, many more.
|Genre||Strategy – Turn-based – Tactical|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English. Text only: Deutsch, español, français, italiano, nederlands, português, русский, svenska|
|Released||May 31, 1999|
|Company||Team17 Digital Ltd. / Team17 Digital LTD.|
Intro / Trailer / Walkthrough
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
XP / Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD 64×2 or above
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT (256MB), AMD/ATI Radeon HD3650 (256MB), Intel HD3000 or above
Hard Drive: 2 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX 9 compliant sound card or above
Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection