About This Game
In Myst IV: Revelation, the next chapter in the greatest adventure saga of all time, you’ll travel through environments pulsing with life to unearth a treacherous scheme involving two of Myst’s most sinister villains.
At the heart of every family lie secrets that must come to light.
Myst IV: Revelation is an adventure game in which the player experiences gameplay from the eyes of an unnamed protagonist referred to as the Stranger. Players explore interactive worlds known as Ages by using the mouse or keyboard, solving puzzles and uncovering the game’s narrative. Players cannot move freely across each Age; instead, as in the previous games in the Myst series, they travel by clicking set locations called “nodes”, where players can rotate their view in any direction. Revelation also features a “Zip” mode, which allows a method of rapidly crossing explored areas by skipping intermediate nodes; areas that can be instantly traveled to are stored as thumbnail representations for rapid movement across Ages.
The mouse cursor helps to provide visual cues for player actions and movement. The cursor appears as a hand that changes depending on what the player is hovering the cursor over. For example, to move in a direction, the cursor changes to point in the intended direction.
Revelation features several gameplay enhancements that aid puzzle solving and plot progression. Early in the game, players receive a camera, which can be used to take screenshots or pictures of clues. Players can use an on-screen journal to jot down notes instead of having to write down clues as with previous Myst games.
- Unravel an intricate mystery: Solve elusive puzzles and enlist the help of other characters as you uncover secrets left buried since the original Myst. Live-action cut-scenes draw you deeper into the labyrinthine plot.
- Adventure through rich and vital worlds: Myst’s astonishing new visuals will enthrall you with opulent landscapes brimming with life. Interact with the environment that surrounds you and become part of the mystery.
- Original music by Jack Wall & music for the portal to Serenia by Peter Gabriel: Drift away on an ambient soundtrack composed by Jack Wall and a special contribution by world-renowned artist Peter Gabriel.
- Bring along a guide: Take advantage of the optional multi-layered help system, including illuminating flashbacks of previous Myst episodes and intuitive Zip mode that transports you from place to place.
- Record your discoveries: Capture clues by taking original photographs of Myst’s lush environments, and keep track of your explorations in your in-game journal.
|Genre||Adventure – FPP – Puzzle|
|Works on||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: Deutsch, English, español, français, italiano. Text only: nederlands|
|Released||September 10, 2004|
|Company||Ubisoft Montreal / Cyan Worlds|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.8 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
Storage: 1GB available space