About This Game
The game brings back an oldschool challenge with highly tactical real-time combat and grid-based movement, devious hidden switches and secrets as well as deadly traps and horrible monsters. Legend of Grimrock puts an emphasis on puzzles and exploration, and the wits and perception of the player are more important tools than even the sharpest of swords would be.
And if you are a hardened dungeon crawling veteran and you crave an extra challenge, you can arm yourself with a stack of grid paper and turn on the Oldschool Mode, which disables the luxury of the automap! Are you ready for some classic dungeon-crawling first person perspective party-based RPG action? Are you ready to venture forth and unravel the mysteries of Mount Grimrock?
- Use the Dungeon Editor to build entirely new adventures and challenges for other players to solve!
- Explore a vast network of ancient tunnels, discover secrets, and find a way to survive in the perilous dungeons of Mount Grimrock.
- Cast spells with runes, craft potions with herbs, and fight murderous monsters with a wide variety of weapons.
- Create a party of four characters and customize them with different races, classes, skills, and traits.
- Pure-blooded dungeon crawling game with grid-based movement and thousands of squares, riddled with hidden switches, pressure plates, sliding walls, floating crystals, forgotten altars, trapdoors, and more.
|Genre||Role-playing – Adventure – Fantasy|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.6.8) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English|
|Released||April 11, 2012|
|Company||Almost Human / Almost Human|
Intro / Trailer / Walkthrough
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Dual Core 2GHz Intel or 2.8GHz AMD
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or better (512MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported). Minimum supported resolutions 1280×720 and 1024×768.
Disk Space: 1GB
Minimum system requirements – Mac:
OS X 10.6.8 or later.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz+
Memory: 2GB of RAM
Graphics: 512MB of video memory with OpenGL 2.1 (or later) support. Recommended two-button mouse, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled. Minimum supported resolutions 1280×720 and 1024×768.
Minimum system requirements – Linux:
Ubuntu 14.04, Linux Mint 17,
Processor: 2.0 GHz,
Memory: 2 GB RAM,
Graphics: 512 MB VRAM with Shader Model 3 support,
Requires the following packages to be installed:
- libasound2-plugins:i386, and
Notice: game comes with a 32-bit binary only.