About This Game
Hearts of Iron is the first ever World War II PC game of true Grand Strategic scope. The game map spans the entire world and allows players to take part in any front they choose. You can play any nation in the world, but the game focuses on the epic struggle between the great alliances of the world orders – Fascism, Communism and Democracy.
There are three main alliances in the game, the Allies, the Axis, and the Communist International, that the player can either participate in or stay out of. The game ends when there is only one alliance left standing or on midnight, December 30, 1947, and the winning alliance is determined through a victory point system, giving points to alliances controlling key regions or cities.
- Epic gameplay – Global map with all the nations between 1936-1946.
- Scenario generator – Allows the players to modify and construct their own settings and campaigns and add national detail in thousands of combinations!
- Deep diplomatic model – Unique system to simulate political systems and their effect on neutral nations in relation to alliances.
- Domestic political system.
- Highly advanced research model – Change the course of war by getting super weapons and better production capabilities.
- Real Time gameplay set to pause at any time – One minute of gameplay translates to one hour passed in reality.
- Historical generals and political leaders – Thousands of real persons researched for individual detailed uniqueness.
- Strategic level military system – over 100 different ground, air and naval forces fighting the total war on divisional level.
|Company||Paradox Development Studio / Paradox Interactive|
|Genre||Strategy – Real-time – Historical|
|Rating||ESRB Rating: Everyone (Violence)|
|Released||November 29, 2002|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)|
Intro / Trailer / Walkthrough
Minimum System Requirements
Recommended system requirements
|System||Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10||System||–|
|Memory||1 GB RAM||Memory||–|
|Graphics||3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c||Graphics||–|