About This Game
A feature of the game are action-lines: Guybrush will glance at any items that can be interacted with; the player can use ‘Page Up’ or ‘Page Down’ to select the item that he wants Guybrush to look at.
One of the hallmark aspects of the Monkey Island games, the insult swordfighting – the sword duels which were won by knowing the appropriate insults and responses – is briefly touched upon in the game as “insult armwrestling”, and in an unwinnable insult duel against Ozzie Mandrill.
Spitting the sand of Monkey Island from my mouth, I wondered if the life of a mighty pirate was all it was cracked up to be. I’d ignored recent events that should have been warning shots across the bow of my soul, from my wife’s brush with death to the anti-pirate ramblings of an Australian gazillionaire.
If only I’d chosen a different path, LeChuck might still be dead and the Ultimate Insult might have remained a mystery. If I’d never picked up a sword, the grog-swilling pirates of the Tri-Island Area might be unthreatened by the forces of gentrification and demonic heckfire. If only… suddenly, the hairy finger of a familiar monkey tapped me on the shoulder. It was time. Time for the biggest battle of my swashbuckling life.
– Excerpted from “The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood: The Monkey Island Years”
- Fourth in the legendary Monkey Island series of graphic adventures!
- An original, cinematic story full of drama, sociopathic parrots, and a villain with a sinister agenda!
- Dozens of lusciously rendered backgrounds!
- Hundreds of puzzles to challenge both novice and veteran pirates… er, adventurers!
- New jokes! New puns! New insults! And more monkeys than the three previous Monkey games combined!
|Genre||Adventure – Point-and-click – Fantasy|
|Works on||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: Deutsch, English, español, français, italiano|
|Released||November 9, 2000|
|Company||LucasArts / Disney|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.8 GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c and 256 MB VRAM
Storage: 1.1 GB available hard rive space