About This Game
The world of Darwinia is a virtual theme-park, running entirely inside a computer network and populated by a sentient evolving life form called the Darwinians. Unfortunately Darwinia has been overrun by a computer virus which has multiplied out of control. Your task is to destroy the Viral Infection and save the Darwinians from extinction. The Darwinians can not be directly controlled. You can, however, influence the world by creating Programs such as Squads and Engineers, which you can directly control and use as weapons.
Darwinia is a truly very unique game to a degree that it just can’t be categorised to a single genre. The core gameplay is a mix of strategy, action, puzzle and God games. It was honored with very positive reviews and a gaming award nomination – Best Game in the GameShadow Innovation in Games Awards 2006. Unique and fun gameplay was one the many features praised by critics, there is simply no game like this one so if you are in a mood for something different then this gem is for you!
Darwinia was acclaimed one of the best strategy games by the biggest worldwide media outlets:
- Nominated for Best Game in the GameShadow Innovation in Games Awards 2006
- Scored 90% from PC Gamer UK and reached number 21 on its ‘Top 100 PC Games’ list.
- Scored 8.5 in GameSpot’s review.
- “Has to be played” from PC Review
- Darwinia won the Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Technical Excellence, and Innovation in Visual Art awards at the 2006 Independent Games Festival.
- Earned a 5 out of 5 on X-Play.
- New Age Gaming magazine awarded Darwinia a score of 97, its highest ever, and an Editor’s Choice award. No other game has exceeded 96 since June 2007.
- Very unconventional and super-addictive gameplay that you just won’t find anywhere else!
- Stylized graphics, deep strategy but a simple interface, and a minimalistic soundtrack all contribute to the retro-awesome end experience.
- Great for hardcore and casual players alike.
|Genre||Strategy – Real-time – Virtual life|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.6.8) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04)|
|Languages||Text only: Deutsch, English, français, italiano|
|Released||March 4, 2005|
|Company||Introversion Software / Introversion Software|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7, 1.8 GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), 2GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard.
Minimum system requirements – Mac:
OS X 10.6.8 or later, Processor: Intel Core Duo 2GHz+, Memory: 1GB of RAM, Graphics: 64MB of video memory. Recommended two-button mouse, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled.
Minimum system requirements – Linux:
Ubuntu 14.04 / Linux Mint 17, Processor: 1.66 GHz, Memory: 1 GB RAM, Graphics: 64 MB of VRAM.