About This Game
Close Combat is the name of a series of real-time tactical (RTT) computer games by Atomic Games. In the Close Combat RTT games, the player takes control of a small unit (platoon or company sized) of troops and leads them in battles of World War II from a top down 2D perspective.
The Return of Classic Close Combat…
Close Combat: Cross of Iron brings back the epic battles of the Eastern Front of World War II. In Close Combat: Cross of Iron you start off as a junior officer leading your men into battle in real time. Earn promotions as you deal with an unforgiving enemy. Fight and survive through the frozen winter, hot dusty summer and muddy autumn.
Close Combat: Cross of Iron features a huge amount of Battles, Operations, and Campaigns, inlcudingis an entire Campaign called Fuger’s Ostliche Wut, or Fuger’s Eastern Fury, based on actions between 1943 and 1944 and playable as either German or Russian, Each Battle and Operation has been carefully made with in-depth briefings related to actual events and will give you hints about the battle and what you may expect.
The Teams, Units, Weapons, and Data have been accurately recreated to match historical realism.
- Enhanced Scenario Editor – Create your own “what if” Scenarios.
- Realistic soldier psychological profiles during combat accurately depicting WWII squad-level warfare
- Direct and indirect fire with limited ammunition
- Ability to protect your men in building, pillboxes, and trenches.
- 100s of specialized squads, weapons, soldier types, vehicles & artillery
- Adjust timing and scroll speed and volume New Sounds (many not heard before) … and many more!
|Genre||Strategy – Real-time – Modern|
|Works on||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English|
|Released||November 15, 2007|
|Company||Slitherine Ltd. / Slitherine Ltd.|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 133 MHz CPU (300 MHz or faster recommended)
Memory: 32MB Free RAM (64 MB rec.)
Video/Graphics: 1MB Video RAM (8MB recommended)