About This Game
The Western Allies of World War II launched the largest amphibious invasion in history when they assaulted Normandy, located on the northern coast of France, on 6 June 1944. The invaders were able to establish a beachhead as part of Operation Overlord after a successful “D-Day,” the first day of the invasion.
Allied land forces came from the United States, Britain, Canada, and Free French forces. In the weeks following the invasion, Polish forces and contingents from Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Greece and the Netherlands participated in the ground campaign; most also provided air and naval support alongside elements of the Royal Australian Air Force, the Royal New Zealand Air Force, and the Royal Norwegian Navy.
Close Combat: Invasion: Normandy takes WWII realism back to the beaches of Northern France. Re-live the campaign that gave the Allies a foothold on the doorstep of Fortress Europe. From Utah Beach to Cherbourg, Invasion: Normandy gives you strategic and tactical control of Allied or Axis forces in the pivotal battles that determined the fate of Europe.
Battle your way from Utah Beach to Cherbourg!
- Campain system allows movement of multiple battle groups on a strategic map of the Cotentin Peninsula.
- Accurate real-time battlefield: soldier morale and psyche model developed by a combat psychologist; realistic modeling for weapons, vehicles, historical weather and historical teams.
- True line-of-sight and line-of-fire gameplay; direct and indirect fire with limited ammunition.
- Easy-to-use Scenario Editor allows you to design your own battles, operations and full campaigns. You can even make special “what-if” scenarios to trade with other players.
- Continuity from battle to battle: your tactical successes and failure have a direct impact on the whole campaign.
|Genre||Strategy – Real-time – Historical|
|Works on||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English|
|Released||January 1, 2000|
|Company||Atomic Games, Inc. / Slitherine Ltd.|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.8 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
Storage: 1GB available space