About This Game
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a first-person horror game that combines intense action and adventure elements.
You will draw upon your skills in exploration, investigation, and combat while faced with the seemingly impossible task of battling evil incarnate.
Initial gameplay of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth comprises unarmed escape and evasion together with investigative exploration, although first-person shooter (FPS) style combat is introduced later on.
As with most survival horror video games, ammunition is limited and must be conserved carefully for situations when it will really be indispensable, occasionally requiring the player to avoid combat even when armed.
The game as a whole is heavily scripted and very linear, with only one path through the chapters from start to finish, in contrast with some earlier survival horror games such as the original Alone in the Dark (which itself was inspired by the Mythos).
- Diverse array of levels from quaint towns to alien locations, including Deep One City
- Dynamic Sanity system resulting in hallucinations, panic attacks, vertigo, paranoia, and more!
- Incredibly detailed real-time graphics with atmospheric lighting and dynamic shadows
- Intelligent gameplay involving puzzle solving as well as combat and exploration
- 1920s weaponry and vehicles as well as evil artifacts and alien technology
- Lovecraft’s famous monsters and locations
|Genre||Action – FPP – Horror|
|Works on||Windows (7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Text only: Deutsch, English, français|
|Released||April 26, 2006|
|Company||Headfirst Productions / Bethesda Softworks LLC|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
7 / 8 / 10
Processor: Pentium 3 800Mhz
Memory: 128MB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0 3D compliant Video Card
Hard Drive Space: 2 GB
Sound: DirectX 8.1 Compatible