About This Game
Hail Caesar! Starting as governor of a newly formed province in the Roman Empire your goal is simple: advance up the empire’s political ladder to become the next Caesar.
As governor, you will have total control over your province: including city planning, finances, and defenses. As you succeed you will be given new challenges in other provinces within the Roman Empire ultimately ending in the heart of the empire: Rome.
Caesar™ IV represents the culmination of more than a decade of development experience in the city builder genre making it the definitive ancient city builder. Plebs need not apply.
In a departure from older versions in the series, Caesar IV is equipped with variable, realistic 3D instead of fixed, isometric 3D. This means more realistic landscapes and city views, and the ability for players to better see and use game building space.
In addition, buildings and roads may be placed at 45 degree angles to the playing grid, as well as aligned with the grid, allowing game players more options in creating efficient and visually appealing city layouts.
- Build Your Rome: Build your city in any imaginable combination. Bask in the awe-inspiring glory of more than 100 unique structures.
- Economic Control: With over 30 tradable goods, 10 industries, 4 markets and foreign trade routes the economic possibilities are vast.
- Experience Life in Ancient Rome: Interact with more than 75 unique characters within your city.
- Combat Functionality: Take direct control over your legions, who gain experience through combat and training, as you ward off barbaric invasions.
- Over 100 Hours of Gameplay: Including career mode, standalone competitive scenarios, and sandbox mode.
|Genre||Strategy – Building – Historical|
|Works on||Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)|
|Languages||Audio and text: English|
|Released||September 9, 2006|
|Company||Tilted Mill Entertainment / Activision|
Minimum system requirements – Windows:
XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.8 GHz processor
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card with 256 MB VRAM compatible with DirectX 9.0c
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
Storage: 2 GB available hard drive space